Coats, Sweaters, T-shirts, Harnesses & Backpacks:
Doggy apparel generally measures in inches and increases in increments of two (starting at size 6in, 8in, 10in….all the way to size 40in). Bear in mind that every dog is unique and may not fit into the standard sizes. Dogfather is happy to exchange any apparel that may not fit for a better size, as long as it has not been worn outside and is in good condition. Below are a few guidelines that will help measure your dog’s apparel size:
- Measure your dog from the base of the neck to the base of the tail (body length in inches)
- Measure around the largest part of your dog’s chest (located just behind the front legs)
- For thicker necked breeds like Bulldogs, Pugs, Chow Chow’s, etc. measure around the base of the neck.
Boots, Shoes & Socks:
- While the dog is standing with their full weight on their foot, measure (in inches) across the widest part of the paw as well as from the front to the back.
- Along with these two measurements, trace your dog’s front and back paw on a piece of blank paper while they are bearing full weight on that foot.